Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

dragging copies links, not the image?

When attempting to drag to copy an image from the internet to any program on my mac, it only copies the link and not the image. If I copy the image manually(right click copy/paste etc) it works properly, but up until a few days ago I could just drag and drop the image from my browser into keynote/powerpoint. How do I fix this?

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.13

Posted on Oct 18, 2019 4:46 AM

2 replies

Oct 18, 2019 2:03 PM in response to Gary Scotland

Unfortunately this happens with any image, and as I said, didn’t happen at all until about a week ago. It is across all sites and browsers, and appears to be a problem either with some settings somewhere, or with my laptop in general ☹️ Even if I open another window where it is standalone, it still copies a link to the image on its own.

dragging copies links, not the image?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.