Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Handoff on iPhone lock-screen on iPhone SE

Hi there, everybody.

Just wondering if the feature mentioned in the subject is available on the iPhone SE or a more recent hardware is needed to obtain something like this..

I can’t get it to work on the lock screen, it works no problem by pressing twice the homebutton.

Thank you

/P

iPhone SE, iOS 13

Posted on Oct 18, 2019 8:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 19, 2019 11:20 AM

It seems from this support document, Use Handoff to continue a task on your other devices - Apple Support and checking my devices, it is no longer accessible from the lock screen. I can use it using the App Switcher when going from the iPad to the iPhone, and to go from the iPhone to the iPad, make sure that in Settings>Multitasking & DOck, that you have Suggested turned on under Dock.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 19, 2019 11:20 AM in response to Gran Maestro

It seems from this support document, Use Handoff to continue a task on your other devices - Apple Support and checking my devices, it is no longer accessible from the lock screen. I can use it using the App Switcher when going from the iPad to the iPhone, and to go from the iPhone to the iPad, make sure that in Settings>Multitasking & DOck, that you have Suggested turned on under Dock.

Oct 18, 2019 10:16 AM in response to Phil0124

Yes, as you said, “it should work“ but unfortunately it doesn’t. ;-)

Are you relating to your own direct experience on this handset?

Please note continuity and HandOff work just fine me, in both directions. Only this handy feature is missing.

Have tried to check out the screen settings as well as notifications and accessibility features for a possible cause.

I went as far as through a complete “reset all settings“ to no avail and I am now starting to think that this feature is not available on the old SE. Flashlight access also not available from the screen, for that matter.

Anybody using an iPhone SE can confirm it works for him (or her)?

Thanks

Oct 19, 2019 10:57 AM in response to Phil0124

Hi Phil0124!

thank you for your reply and the link you posted. I had a good look at it today and I have now come to the only conclusion possible and that is, this feature has been removed in iOS and iPadOS 13!

Nowhere in the page that Apple publishes is the lockscreen mentioned, moreover, it’s gone on my other iOS 13 device as well, iPad Air 2. They are all up-to-date running the latests software, bluetooth switched on and all connected to the same WiFi network. I tried also another iPhone 6, running iOS 12.4.1 to no avail. Handoff works fine among all these devices with the Apple Switcher. Not through the lockscreen.

Could you please, for the sake of knowledge, check if this feature works on any of your iOS devices?

Thanking in advance for the attention

/P

Handoff on iPhone lock-screen on iPhone SE

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.