Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

support.apple.com/ipad/restore

My ipad crashed during the ios 13.1.3 upgrade.

Now below screen is shown.

I don't have an apple pc but a windows pc.

Unfortunately I can't restore or (factory) reset my ipad in order to use it again.

Please help!

iPad Air 2, iOS 13

Posted on Oct 19, 2019 3:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 19, 2019 4:36 AM

What happens is:

I press the Home button and the On/Off button at the same time. I keep holding the buttons down until after the screen turns black and the iPad starts up again. When the Apple logo appears on the screen, I release the buttons.

I should now be able to access the iPad, but I can't, the same picture as above appears all the time :-(

I tried to recover using (newly installed) itunes on my (new) pc (old one is crashed). However: after authorizing the pc I get the message:

Then I 'View my Account', in "Manage Devices" I can only 'Remove' my devices, but I don't see where or how I can restore this iPad...

Any suggestions and guidelines?

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 19, 2019 4:36 AM in response to kb1951

What happens is:

I press the Home button and the On/Off button at the same time. I keep holding the buttons down until after the screen turns black and the iPad starts up again. When the Apple logo appears on the screen, I release the buttons.

I should now be able to access the iPad, but I can't, the same picture as above appears all the time :-(

I tried to recover using (newly installed) itunes on my (new) pc (old one is crashed). However: after authorizing the pc I get the message:

Then I 'View my Account', in "Manage Devices" I can only 'Remove' my devices, but I don't see where or how I can restore this iPad...

Any suggestions and guidelines?

support.apple.com/ipad/restore

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.