Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can i view selected photos on my devices for photos in icloud

To save storage on iPhone, can I have only specific photos instead of years of photos that are in iCloud?

Posted on Oct 19, 2019 9:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 19, 2019 9:15 AM

If you sync photos from your iPhone to iCloud, not really. iCloud is not a true archive. If you delete a photo from your phone, they will delete from the cloud. A better solution if you want to save space is to download a photo backup service such as Google Photos, Amazon Photos, which offer free photo storage. Or connect your phone to your home computer and upload the photos to your photo folder on your computer. Then you can selectively delete photos on the phone, but they will also delete from iCloud, which won't really matter since they are safely stored elsewhere.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 19, 2019 9:15 AM in response to thomas c.fromlakewood

If you sync photos from your iPhone to iCloud, not really. iCloud is not a true archive. If you delete a photo from your phone, they will delete from the cloud. A better solution if you want to save space is to download a photo backup service such as Google Photos, Amazon Photos, which offer free photo storage. Or connect your phone to your home computer and upload the photos to your photo folder on your computer. Then you can selectively delete photos on the phone, but they will also delete from iCloud, which won't really matter since they are safely stored elsewhere.

can i view selected photos on my devices for photos in icloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.