Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Locked Apple ID and no longer have access to that email account

I had an iPhone 7 which was provided by the company I worked for.

The Apple ID was set up with a company email address.

The company was in crisis and ended up closing. Fortunately I was able to keep the phone as a gesture of goodwill.

Problem now, if I hadn’t logged in for a while and forgot the password, which I have entered incorrectly too many times and now I have locked the account.

I can’t reset the password because the email account is no longer active (it was the company email which no longer exists).

So now I can’t do anything with the phone. I want to remove the old Apple ID and login with a new personal account, but to remove the old I have to login, which I can’t!

I can’t even reset the phone because it asks for the old account login.

I’m stuck!!!

iPhone 7

Posted on Oct 19, 2019 2:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 19, 2019 2:28 PM

You can try taking the device, the original purchase receipt with the serial number, and a photo ID to the nearest Apple Store. If you don't have the receipt, Apple will not unlock it for you.

Genius Bar Reservation US

or contact Apple ID Support. They will need to see the original purchase receipt/paperwork also.

Apple ID Support

Apple ID Support (2) 

Apple Support by e-mail or chat         Select your device, Battery, Power and Charging, then Power adapter not working to get a chat option. 

Apple Support using Twitter

Or fill out and submit this form.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 19, 2019 2:28 PM in response to AltGrr

You can try taking the device, the original purchase receipt with the serial number, and a photo ID to the nearest Apple Store. If you don't have the receipt, Apple will not unlock it for you.

Genius Bar Reservation US

or contact Apple ID Support. They will need to see the original purchase receipt/paperwork also.

Apple ID Support

Apple ID Support (2) 

Apple Support by e-mail or chat         Select your device, Battery, Power and Charging, then Power adapter not working to get a chat option. 

Apple Support using Twitter

Or fill out and submit this form.

Locked Apple ID and no longer have access to that email account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.