Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMovie of my mac book pro doesn't open

iMovie just don't open in my mac book . When i click to open, it says iMovie quit unexpectedly -Click Reopen to open the application again. Click Report to see more detailed information and send a report to Apple.

what shall i do ?

Posted on Oct 19, 2019 3:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 19, 2019 5:24 PM

What version of iMovie and what operating system are you using?

Try booting up in Safe Mode (see Finder Help instructions) and, after everything loads, immediately shut down and reboot in normal mode. Sometimes that clears out conflicts that can cause crashes.

You can also try opening iMovie while holding down the Option and Command keys and selecting to delete preferences in the box that appears. iMovie should open in a new library. Hopefully it won't crash. If it opens, then reopen your old library to get back to your projects.

-- Rich

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 19, 2019 5:24 PM in response to Rob1982rob

What version of iMovie and what operating system are you using?

Try booting up in Safe Mode (see Finder Help instructions) and, after everything loads, immediately shut down and reboot in normal mode. Sometimes that clears out conflicts that can cause crashes.

You can also try opening iMovie while holding down the Option and Command keys and selecting to delete preferences in the box that appears. iMovie should open in a new library. Hopefully it won't crash. If it opens, then reopen your old library to get back to your projects.

-- Rich

iMovie of my mac book pro doesn't open

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.