Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MS Office365 apps

How do I convert my 32-bit apps to 64-bit under Catalina OS?

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Oct 19, 2019 6:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 20, 2019 12:11 PM

The subscription is not platform specific.

If you subscribe to Office 365 Home, you get 6 licenses for Windows and MacOS. You can mix and match however you like.

If you have Office 365 personal, you only get one license.

If you have personal, It will be more cost effective to upgrade your subscription to Home instead.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 20, 2019 12:11 PM in response to skyhawk102vk

The subscription is not platform specific.

If you subscribe to Office 365 Home, you get 6 licenses for Windows and MacOS. You can mix and match however you like.

If you have Office 365 personal, you only get one license.

If you have personal, It will be more cost effective to upgrade your subscription to Home instead.

Oct 19, 2019 10:06 PM in response to skyhawk102vk

You seems to be talking about Office 2011 applications. You need to upgrade to Office 365, and download the 64-bit versions from https://setup.office.com/?ms.officeurl=setup. Another option is to run old 32-bit apps like Office 2011 on Virtualbox for Mac. Here is the way to install macOS Mojave on Virtualbox running inside Catalina https://www.winytips.com/open-run-32-bit-apps-macos-catalina-fix-needs-be-updated-error/

Oct 20, 2019 12:09 PM in response to KiltedTim

Yes. I am a subscriber of Office365 on my PC but I purchased MS Office2011 for my MAC. I was trying to get the Office 365 apps to load on my MAC, but as you mentioned, I have not purchased Office 365 for the MAC yet. I was thinking I could assign my MAC as an authorized user without having to pay yet another fee. Is that possible or should I just purchase another license for the MAC so I can move forward?

Thanks for your help!

MS Office365 apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.