Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Find my phone>. Mac Desktop not appearing on find my phone but all other devices are.

All my devices are on the same Apple Sign-in. On my Mac desktop, iPhone and iPad I can see the iPhone and iPad. However, I can’t see the Mac desktop on any of these three devices. I have got location services switched on, on all these devices.

I’ve tried everything including re-booting, signing in and out of iCloud on each device.

The iPhone shows itself and the iPad and visa versa but does not show the Mac desktop. Similarly, the Mac desktop shows the iPad and iPhone but not itself.

Also, a second iPhone does not show anywhere on find my phone.

They are all signed in to iCloud on the same password and the same home network.

Posted on Oct 20, 2019 8:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 28, 2019 11:00 AM

dmsheldon,

Thanks for getting back to us. We're sorry, I think we now understand what you mean by a Mac "desktop" you're referring to your actual Mac computer. We have a great article that explains how to enable Find My on a Mac. You can see how this process is done here:

Set up Find My on your iPhone, Mac, and other devices 

Specifically, check out the section labeled "Get started with Find My on your Mac"

Hope this helps.

Best Regards.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 28, 2019 11:00 AM in response to dmsheldon

dmsheldon,

Thanks for getting back to us. We're sorry, I think we now understand what you mean by a Mac "desktop" you're referring to your actual Mac computer. We have a great article that explains how to enable Find My on a Mac. You can see how this process is done here:

Set up Find My on your iPhone, Mac, and other devices 

Specifically, check out the section labeled "Get started with Find My on your Mac"

Hope this helps.

Best Regards.

Oct 26, 2019 8:17 AM in response to dmsheldon

Hello dmsheldon,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities! I understand from the information you provided that you’re unable to see your mac desktop on your other devices; I'd like to help.

Just to verify, are you looking in the right place for your desktop files? Here's a resource that could help:

Use the Files app on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Also have you enabled the option to share your desktop:

Add your Desktop and Documents files to iCloud Drive

With regard to you iPhone not showing up in Find My, make sure that iPhone is sharing it's location:

Share locations in Find My on your iPhone and other devices

Hope this helps.

Best Regards.

Find my phone>. Mac Desktop not appearing on find my phone but all other devices are.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.