Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

phishing email

I got a weird email where i was sent my password for my macbook air to just login but not the apple id or password and this person or bot or whosoever is, trying to threaten me to disclose my photos and videos unless i sent them the bitcoin(s).

I am really scared and dont know what to do, please help me!!

Posted on Oct 20, 2019 9:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 20, 2019 9:30 PM

Don't worry, it is a scam. Are they using a current password or an old one? If current, change your passwords. If it is old and no longer used, it just means that they bought it online (email addresses and passwords are sold continuously online by scammers). I've gotten a couple. As long as you do not give them any information, nothing to worry about. They want to scare you so you will pay them.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 20, 2019 9:30 PM in response to harrybaidwan

Don't worry, it is a scam. Are they using a current password or an old one? If current, change your passwords. If it is old and no longer used, it just means that they bought it online (email addresses and passwords are sold continuously online by scammers). I've gotten a couple. As long as you do not give them any information, nothing to worry about. They want to scare you so you will pay them.

phishing email

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.