Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Digital Crown and side button

Almost everyday when I wake up and a lot of time through out the day the Side Button on my Apple Watch series 3 gets stuck in place. If the side button gets stuck, the Digital Crown is fine. I have to give the side button a few hard taps and then it’s as if it comes out and works fine. I’ve had so many close calls with the two press emergency feature that I’ve had to turn that setting off. One the Side Button gets unstuck, the Digital Crown then seems to get stuck. I then have to give it a few strong twists and then everything is back to normal. But this happens probably like 3 maybe 4 times a day and it’s really annoying. I always keep a thin clear case on my watch and clean it if any water or dirt gets under the case. Does this happen to anyone else? Or do they know why this is happening?

Apple Watch

Posted on Oct 21, 2019 4:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 21, 2019 5:18 AM

Sounds like your case may be the issue.

I've never worn a case on my watch and have not experienced this.

If you you are wearing he crown towards your wrist, some movements may push the button and the crown in.

In that case I would reverse the watch orientation and set the crown to the inside of the arm.

iPhone>My Watch>General>Watch Orientation>Digital Crown on the Left or Right side.

But there is no reason for the buttons to remain stuck unless you have foreign matter in there, damage or in your case an added element of the possibility of your case sticking in.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 21, 2019 5:18 AM in response to Tate10833

Sounds like your case may be the issue.

I've never worn a case on my watch and have not experienced this.

If you you are wearing he crown towards your wrist, some movements may push the button and the crown in.

In that case I would reverse the watch orientation and set the crown to the inside of the arm.

iPhone>My Watch>General>Watch Orientation>Digital Crown on the Left or Right side.

But there is no reason for the buttons to remain stuck unless you have foreign matter in there, damage or in your case an added element of the possibility of your case sticking in.

Digital Crown and side button

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.