Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to convert from the latest MacOs to a previous version?

Hello,

I am not sure whether I can convert the latest MacOS version to a previous one, since I encountered some inconveniences it brought to me. I can not install some software since it is incompatible.

MacBook Air 11", macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 21, 2019 6:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 21, 2019 8:50 AM

To answer your question: you can only revert if you erase your hard drive completely and then reinstall (restore) from your Time Machine backup and/or clone which you made before upgrading. You do have a backup/clone?

7 replies

Oct 21, 2019 7:33 AM in response to LIUJING0701

Good Day;

QuickTime Kirk's response to you is not in the least helpful. Many users were not aware of the ramifications of OSX becoming exclusive 64 bit. Many software programs for the iMac have not been upgraded to 64 bit and will not be. I have not upgraded for this reason. Others have needed the process to downgrade to their previous operating system. Their are few posts on how to do this. Here is one such link https://support.apple.com/en-ca/guide/mac-help/mh15216/mac I hope this is Helpful for you.

Regards

Oct 21, 2019 8:48 AM in response to BobTheFisherman

Perhaps if you were following the post more closely, you would realize that I was aware of the 64 bit transition, others were not as per the many posts relating to that. Just because you and QuickTime have a high degree of knowledge as indicated by your Level scores, many users have no computer background other than operators of software programs. LIUJIN asked for assistance, I attempted to answer his question. Shouldn't you two try to help as you obviously have in the past instead of admonishing him/her? You must be aware that there are many software programs that are 32 bit and will not be rewritten for 64 bit, and some requiring costly upgrades such as MS Office?

how to convert from the latest MacOs to a previous version?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.