Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unpair Apple Watch

How can I unpair my Apple Watch from a phone no longer in service?

Apple Watch Series 3, watchOS 5

Posted on Oct 21, 2019 9:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 22, 2019 6:11 AM

Unpair Apple Watch without iPhone

If you need to unpair your Watch and don’t have access to your iPhone or can’t remember your Apple Watch passcode, follow these steps:

1. Put your Apple Watch on its charger
  2. Press and hold the side button as if you were going to power it down
  3. Do a firm press on the POWER OFF slider and let go
  4. Tap Erase all content and settings

Alternately, you can go to Settings → General → Reset to erase and unpair your Apple Watch if you know your passcode, but the option above is faster.

If you need to erase and unpair your Apple Watch without your iPhone, you can log on to icloud.com and remove your Apple Watch under Settings → My Devices

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 22, 2019 6:11 AM in response to Electricjill

Unpair Apple Watch without iPhone

If you need to unpair your Watch and don’t have access to your iPhone or can’t remember your Apple Watch passcode, follow these steps:

1. Put your Apple Watch on its charger
  2. Press and hold the side button as if you were going to power it down
  3. Do a firm press on the POWER OFF slider and let go
  4. Tap Erase all content and settings

Alternately, you can go to Settings → General → Reset to erase and unpair your Apple Watch if you know your passcode, but the option above is faster.

If you need to erase and unpair your Apple Watch without your iPhone, you can log on to icloud.com and remove your Apple Watch under Settings → My Devices

Unpair Apple Watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.