Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Messed up graphics after calibration with SpyderElite

Hi,

I'm having a weird problem after installing OSX Catalina. It didn't show for a while because I had to wait for a software update from Datacolor for my Spyder 5 Elite.

After calibrating my MacBook Pro 2018 (15") monitor, the graphics go 'weird'. The problem goes away when I enable True Tone, but why calibrate when using True Tone right?

To illustrate > True Tone Enabled (as you would expect the drop shadow to be):

Without True Tone (looks messy and cheap):

I'm sorry for the quality, but the screen print function of MacOS doesn't capture the problem. I had to photograph it with my phone to be able to show you. In case you don't see it right of the bat, it's the rounded drop shadow box underneath the screen settings panel. These graphics show up everywhere with re recalibrated profile enabled, but not with the standard profile.

I already did a Catalina reinstall, but that didn't work. I also selected ICC profile version 4.0 (instead of 2.0) from the advanced settings in the Spyder5Elite software from Datacolor and did a full callibration (after Catalina reinstall, but none of these things solved the problem.

Anyone with the same problem? Any ideas on how to solve this?

MacBook Pro 15”, macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 21, 2019 9:52 AM

Similar questions

There are no replies.

Messed up graphics after calibration with SpyderElite

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.