Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

applescript error

I am running Mojave 10.14.6 and want to run an AppleScript that automatically sends emails to my students. I worked before, but today it started to carp with the message:

error "Not authorized to send Apple events to Finder." number -1743

I went to the securities panel and gave AppleScript full disk access and then rebooted. Still getting the same error. What do I need to do? Thanks for any suggestions.

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.14

Posted on Oct 21, 2019 1:19 PM

Similar questions

1 reply

Oct 22, 2019 10:42 AM in response to Microbe Hunter

If you're sending email it isn't clear to me why it's reporting permissions on the Finder. It implies to me that there's more to the script.

In either case, how are you running the script? Is it saved as a standalone application? or are you running it within your script editor?

It may be that you need to recompile the script under the latest OS to reset the permissions. If that doesn't work, a more brutal/direct approach of resetting the permissions via tccutil in Terminal may be needed.

applescript error

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.