Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Update eliminated Gmail “Delete All” button

I can no longer select “all” at the top of my Trash folder & then choose “Delete All” at the bottom of the page. I have to tap each email individually and delete one at a time. This is highly annoying, not to mention time consuming. Please fix this and not insult us with that same answer that details the way it was set up in the past before the upgrade. A real FIX please .............

Posted on Oct 21, 2019 5:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 21, 2019 7:21 PM

I have an iPad Pro 11, and if I go into my Trash on my Exchange account, I have Edit, then Select All, then down in the bottom right corner, I can select Delete and it confirms Delete All, and they are gone.

I use the Gmail app on my iPhone for mail, so I could not comment on how Trash works on Gmail in the native mail app. The Exchange account is the only mail account I have on my iPad.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 21, 2019 7:21 PM in response to Nanlan

I have an iPad Pro 11, and if I go into my Trash on my Exchange account, I have Edit, then Select All, then down in the bottom right corner, I can select Delete and it confirms Delete All, and they are gone.

I use the Gmail app on my iPhone for mail, so I could not comment on how Trash works on Gmail in the native mail app. The Exchange account is the only mail account I have on my iPad.

Update eliminated Gmail “Delete All” button

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.