Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bluetooth headphones not pairing to new devices

I have a wireless pair of headphones that connect to devices via bluetooth. My iPhone 7 has a broken charging port and is dead so I can't turn it on. My bluetooth headphones aren't able to be discovered by any other devices for pairing, and I believe that it's because they're still paired to my unusable iPhone. It seems strange that although the device is dead, it still holding my headphones "hostage", but I can't think of what else could be preventing them from being discovered by other devices. Until my iPhone went dead, I never had any issues connecting the headphones to other devices. How can I fix this?

iPhone 7, iOS 12

Posted on Oct 21, 2019 8:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 21, 2019 8:22 PM

Unless the iPhone which is dead isn't turned on, the issue is more likely that you aren't putting the headphones in pairing mode per the manufacturers pairing instructions. They won't be seen by another device unless they are in pairing mode. In other words, if you're just going to Bluetooth settings on a different phone and you've just turned the headphones on, they won't be seen simply powered on. They have to be in pairing mode to be seen.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 21, 2019 8:22 PM in response to z-t-r

Unless the iPhone which is dead isn't turned on, the issue is more likely that you aren't putting the headphones in pairing mode per the manufacturers pairing instructions. They won't be seen by another device unless they are in pairing mode. In other words, if you're just going to Bluetooth settings on a different phone and you've just turned the headphones on, they won't be seen simply powered on. They have to be in pairing mode to be seen.

Bluetooth headphones not pairing to new devices

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.