Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After the most recent software update 13.1.3 I can’t sign in to iMessage or FaceTime on my iPad. I have tried EVERY suggestion out there and NOTHING has worked. HELP!

After the most recent software update 13.1.3 I can’t sign in to iMessage or FaceTime on my iPad. I have tried EVERY suggestion out there and NOTHING has worked. HELP!

iPad Air 2, iOS 13

Posted on Oct 21, 2019 10:48 PM

4 replies

Oct 22, 2019 10:41 PM in response to Grammyruss1

Hello ! I'm so sorry for the trouble you're currently facing.

For this, there's no Official Solution towards your problem here. But, you can try to reset it to factory settings. It might help you with the problem. The community also search for the best Solutions possible, but for iPadOS 13.1.3 just recently release and many facing other problems (and, you are one of them).

You might want to try the Reset (who knows it will help to resolve your problem), here : Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

NOTE : Don't forget to do Backup first to prevent any Data Loss during the Process.

That's why i still use iPadOS 13.1.2, and didn't want to take any update for a while. (I took a note from community for Pros and Cons with iPadOS 13.1.3 and the result was devastating.)

Oct 22, 2019 11:35 AM in response to DocileMeerkat

Yes, I did try that. This is my moms iPad. I’m actually not a very big Apple fan (I can hear the outrageous indignation from all-things-Apple lovers now! LOL!) and I am definitely an Android user myself, but I’ve had to learn to use Apple products to help her with her iPad and iPhone over the years. When things like this happen it reminds me why I have such a love-hate relationship with Apple products, currently in the hate faze with this new issue.

The problem I have is when I go into iMessage and FaceTime under General settings on her iPad there is no option to turn it on or off. When I go into it it freezes when it tries to sign in and nothing happens. The same thing happens when I go onto the apps as well. I even reset all of the network settings hoping that would help but nothing. Obviously the network is working just fine because I can go online to Safari on the iPad as well as receive emails. I think I’ll have to contact Apple support because unfortunately we have no Apple store close to where I live.

Just very frustrating. I never should’ve updated the software because I was having no problems before then. At least my mom has her iPhone, which she has no problems getting her messages on or FaceTime on. The only other drastic option I think I have left is to just reset it to factory settings and start from scratch with everything. That might be easier than trying to stay on the line forever with Apple support. 😫😫😫

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.