Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't sync voice memo from Apple Watch to iOS or MacOS

I have an Apple Watch 4 running on WatchOS 6.0.1, and I recorded a voice memo two days ago on the watch.

Just now I want to check the memo on my iPhone 11 running iOS 13.1.3, but in voice memo app I found only the old ones I recorded on my previous iPhones.

Then I tried to find it on my MacBook Pro running Catalina, but still nothing there, just the old ones from iCloud.

Both the Watch and MacBook are logged into the same iCloud account, and other iCloud features like photos, files, 3rd party recording app are all working fine on my watch and iPhone and MacBook.

Maybe the memo is too long? I guess. So I made a short one with only 10 seconds on my watch. And I wait and wait and wait. Nothing appears on my iOS devices(iPhone and iPad) or my MacBook.

This is so disappointing since it's all Apple devices and services and they just can't work. Even 3rd party recording can sync.

By the way, I already open iCloud for voice memo in iOS iCloud settings.

Apple Watch, watchOS 4

Posted on Oct 21, 2019 11:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 25, 2019 11:57 PM

After rounds of discussion with Apple Support, I solved this problem by myself.

Apple Support team asked me to:

1. unpair and repair the watch with iPhone
  2. erase the watch and setup it as a new one(which I lost my voice memo, sad...)
  3. turn off the iPhone and watch at the same time and turn on again
  4. on iPhone settings, turn off WLAN&Cell for voice memo app and watch app, then turn them on again
  5. on iPhone iCloud settings, turn off iCloud for voice memo and turn it on again

BUT, none of them worked...

The problem solved after my desperate attempt to delete the voice memo app on iPhone(YES!YOU ACTUALLY CAN DELETE THIS APP!) and reinstall it on App Store. After this, all the sync thing works just fine.

Wish you guys find it useful.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 25, 2019 11:57 PM in response to hidecloud

After rounds of discussion with Apple Support, I solved this problem by myself.

Apple Support team asked me to:

1. unpair and repair the watch with iPhone
  2. erase the watch and setup it as a new one(which I lost my voice memo, sad...)
  3. turn off the iPhone and watch at the same time and turn on again
  4. on iPhone settings, turn off WLAN&Cell for voice memo app and watch app, then turn them on again
  5. on iPhone iCloud settings, turn off iCloud for voice memo and turn it on again

BUT, none of them worked...

The problem solved after my desperate attempt to delete the voice memo app on iPhone(YES!YOU ACTUALLY CAN DELETE THIS APP!) and reinstall it on App Store. After this, all the sync thing works just fine.

Wish you guys find it useful.

Can't sync voice memo from Apple Watch to iOS or MacOS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.