Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't find the dashboard after upgrading to Catalina!

Can anyone help me? I'm trying to find the dashboard and I can't even in the settings.

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 22, 2019 10:03 AM

4 replies

Oct 22, 2019 11:02 AM in response to Alexads97

The dashboard simply no longer exists in Mac OS Catalina. The last Mac operating system that had the dashboard was Mac OS Mojave.

The dashboard has been around since at least OS X Tiger, many years ago and in Mac OS Catalina Apple has now completely abandoned it. The notification centre can do some but not all the things dashboard could do.

Oct 22, 2019 12:19 PM in response to saeisenman

Dashboard became a very antiquated tool that was left neglected, as most (if not all) of the features within dashboard can be replicated within the Mac operating system now, and for quite some time - hence why dashboard was turned off by default in many versions of macOS prior to Catalina. some good examples are:

notes - use the sticky notes app

stocks, weather, world clocks, iTunes, calendars, calculator - all accessible within the Today view of Notification centre

currency conversions - just type what you want in the spotlight tool

if you had any contents within the sticky notes of the dashboard, they will have transferred to the notes app when you upgraded to Catalina.

Can't find the dashboard after upgrading to Catalina!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.