Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch Calendar not Syncing to Watch Face

Hi,

I have an apple watch and i'm using the modular face, and I keep my calendar in the middle of the modual. Normally I can see my calendar events displayed because I use Google Calendar, but I have my Apple Calendar synced to it. You will see I have it setup in the Watch app to display my Calendar, you'll see in my screenshot that my Calendar app has lots of events listed in it correctly, and then you'll see in my screenshot that my watch face shows I have zero calendar events today. I have checked and my watch has the latest software, and so does my phone, so I'm confused what is causing this!

Thanks for your help.

Suddenly late to all her meetings in Seattle,

Ashley

Apple Watch Series 2, watchOS 5

Posted on Oct 22, 2019 1:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 10, 2019 6:22 AM

This may be premature, BUT, I MAY have figured this out. Before I did this, my watch was displaying “No more events”.

go to settings

go to passwords and accounts

Go to iCloud

Go to iCloud

Under “Apps using iCloud”, turn off the Calendars toggle, (don’t delete anything when asked).

Then turn it back on.

now, hopefully, it didn’t screw anything up with all of my synced and shared calendars, but so far, all I know is after I did that, my next calendar event showed up on my watch!

121 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 10, 2019 6:22 AM in response to AccidentalOlympian

This may be premature, BUT, I MAY have figured this out. Before I did this, my watch was displaying “No more events”.

go to settings

go to passwords and accounts

Go to iCloud

Go to iCloud

Under “Apps using iCloud”, turn off the Calendars toggle, (don’t delete anything when asked).

Then turn it back on.

now, hopefully, it didn’t screw anything up with all of my synced and shared calendars, but so far, all I know is after I did that, my next calendar event showed up on my watch!

Dec 8, 2019 9:01 AM in response to mnrobertson

I called Apple Support and finally got it to work. Here is what I had to do:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203521

Here was the critical step for me:

OS 13 and iPadOS

After each step, check your contacts, calendars, or reminders. 

Refresh your contacts and calendars

To refresh your contacts, open Contacts and swipe down on the list.

To refresh your contact groups:

1. Open the Contacts app.
  2. Tap Groups in the upper-left corner.
  3. Swipe down on the list to refresh your groups.

To refresh your calendars:

1. Open the Calendar app.
  2. Tap the Calendars tab.
  3. Swipe down on the list to refresh your events.

Dec 3, 2019 1:09 PM in response to SABCA

Having this also. Complication showing events but tap on it shows “No more events” message.

Been on the phone with Apple support who also advised previously suggested fix of iCloud sync. This did not work for me. The only fix that does work was to delete and reinstall the calendar app. However after a couple of day’s the problem returns and I’m back to “No more events” or “No events this week”

Driving. Me. Crazy.

Calendar is one of the main reasons I use Apple Watch. such a useful feature shame to see it crippled by a simple bug.

Mar 10, 2020 10:45 AM in response to AccidentalOlympian

I have the same issue. The calendar syncs for 1-2 days then just stop synching. Then slowly over a day or so certain events come back - sometimes it's recurring meetings. Sometimes it's one calendar. Sometimes the entire thing. I'm not sure what's going on, but my guess is this is some problem with Apple's underlying sync mechanism. I've tried the following to "fix" this:

1. Turning off/on iCloud calendar option
  2. Using the Reset calendar & contact data in the Watch app settings on my phone (that never works)
  3. Removing the number of calendars in my master calendar. Not just "not synching" but actually removing the calendars from my watch/mac so i only have 5 calendars synching (work, personal, TripIt iCal feed, and my son's sports iCal schedule feed)
  4. Unpairing & full reset of my watch

Not one of those items work. I'm on an iPhone8 (latest iOS update) and a Series 5 Watch (latest watch OS update).

May 7, 2020 10:24 AM in response to AccidentalOlympian

Here are the steps I've taken to reliably fix this issue (twice now) with the Siri watch face not showing upcoming events. I've tried many different combinations of steps taken from various articles and posts, but the only reliable steps that have worked for me are the following (#6 is key):

1. iPhone: Settings > Passwords & Accounts > iCloud > iCloud > Turn Off Calendars…
  2. Choose “Keep on My iPhone”
  3. Restart iPhone and Apple Watch
  4. iPhone: Settings > Passwords & Accounts > iCloud > iCloud > Turn On Calendars…
  5. Choose “Merge” existing calendar events
  6. iPhone: Watch app > General > Reset > Reset Sync Data
  7. Wait a minute or three for everything to sync back to your Watch

[My devices: iPhone X (iOS 13.4) and Apple Watch Series 3 (watchOS 6.1.2]

PS Thanks to everyone who has contributed to solving this terribly neglected problem thus far... Hopefully there will be a fix for this in the future.

Good luck!

Aug 19, 2020 6:00 AM in response to yinzergal

I have been able to get it work from time to time.

However, in the middle of the day yesterday (18AUG2020), all of my events disappeared from my watch. Now, I did keep getting alerts; however, I did not show any events from my O365 account.

It is showing Apple Calendar (e.g. iCloud) events.

I cannot keep unpairing and re-pairing my Apple Watch, as it takes too long, and is not even close to a solution.

I am trying (again), the shorter solution of:

1. Turn off Calendar (O365) in iPhone
  2. Reset Sync Data
  3. Restart iPhone
  4. Restart Apple Watch
  5. Turn Calendar (O365) back on
  6. Pray really hard

Hallelujah, it worked... I actually was typing this while doing the process...

Now, how long will it last???

I am not sure why Apple does not take this issue more seriously.

@Apple - please fix this soon.

Nov 14, 2019 8:54 AM in response to AccidentalOlympian

Resolved.

Had all same problems discussed in this thread and tried all the same steps, but only resolved it after going full Rambo on the problem by unpairing and re-pairing. 100% fixed and fairly painless. In 30 minutes I was able to restore from a backup and then only needed to re-add cards to ApplePay:

In Watch app tap into your watch eg Robert’s Apple Watch pic1

Tap the info button for the Watch pic2

Unpair Apple Watch

(from here I go from memory cause I’m not going thru it again)

it takes time to unpair and then the Watch app prompts you to pair a watch using iPhone camera or manually, then restore from backup. For me it was seamless.

Good luck

Nov 1, 2019 6:02 AM in response to AccidentalOlympian

This is happening to me too. I don’t know if it is the watch or the phone calendar. I have the IFTTT app set up to enter a calendar entry when I arrive to work and leave work to keep track of my work hours. I have had trouble with the events showing up in my phone calendar, so I am inclined to believe that there’s an issue with the phone providing the data to the watch. I have tried rebooting both devices, turning Bluetooth off and on, hiding and in hiding synced calendars, toggling between Mirror my iPhone and Custom settings in the Watch app.

Another weird thing is that, even though nothing shows up on my watch, I still get notifications for calendar events on schedule.

Phone is on iOS 13.2. Watch is on 4.3.2 (which is a separate issue all by itself - supposedly OS 6.2 is supposed to be out but the Watch app still says I’m up to date).

Nov 1, 2019 5:55 PM in response to Chipperjack

I am having a similar experience in the fact that 15 minutes before the meeting I am getting a notice on my watch, but it says no events on my calendar on my watch. I noticed that next week I now have some meetings scheduled for earlier in the week showing up on a later date, so this is getting worse not better.

I have done all of the things you tried, rebooting both devices, toggling between micro and custom, makes no difference.

KC

Nov 4, 2019 3:26 PM in response to kevinfromwauwatosa

Add me to the list. Last week it was missing some, but not all appointments on my calendar; new ones would be there but not recurring meetings that were established long ago. Then the new ones stopped showing up. Both iPhone XS Plus and AppleWatch are up to date WRT OS. I've restarted watch and phone; toggled around the "mirror Phone" and "custom" setting in the watch app; hard restarted watch; unpaired and re-paired watch; reset watch to factory settings; NOTHING! And I sometimes get a meeting alert (if it's a newer meeting), even though nothing is appearing on my watch's calendar. Is this Apple's way to get me to buy a new watch when my existing one isn't even 2 years old?!?!? Grrr.

Dec 4, 2019 11:40 AM in response to swxxii

Add me to the list. Current 11 Pro on latest OS, and Watch 5 on latest OS.

Most frustrating is that EVERYTHING works for a few days or so, then craters again. INCLUDING completely reseting and repairing the watch.

Between not having accurate data, and then just how bad the Siri Watch Face has become at showing me more useful things that what time the sun is setting (REALLY, that's the ONLY thing you can think to show me), I'm starting to think a less expensive, more basic fitness tracker would be a better call.

Apple Watch Calendar not Syncing to Watch Face

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.