You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

avatars on most websites not appearing

Suddenly this morning my own and most other user profile avatars on the reader comments threads of the news websites I most frequently visit are not displaying. In their place is that square "corrupted" icon. This is consistent across Chrome, Firefox, and Safari browsers. I don't even know where to begin to try to figure out if this is a software problem at my end or at the Internet's end.

These are the affected sites:

Washington Post

New York Times

Duolingo (not a newspaper but I'm studying several languages and all of the user forums are indicating corrupted avatars

(For what it's worth, Twitter and my local newspaper, The Oregonian, are both displaying avatars correctly. )

Advance thanks for any theories, ideas and/or suggestions.

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on Oct 22, 2019 1:37 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 23, 2019 10:12 AM

Please ignore my post since I can't delete it. A day later and the Internet has apparently righted itself. Sorry to have taken up so much space on the servers for nothing!

1 reply

avatars on most websites not appearing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.