Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New music mix not updating in Apple Music

My "New Music Mix" in Apple music has not updated in 4 weeks. Prior to upgrading to IOS 13, it has updated every Friday for years without issue but has not done so in nearly 4 weeks. The Favorites, and Chill mixes update just fine.

no one else on my family plan has this issue and seems to be isolated to just my account.

I Like/dislike songs regularly as I have seen other posts mention trying this, but has not changed anything.

Is there a fix for this?

iPhone XR

Posted on Oct 23, 2019 12:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 15, 2019 8:16 AM

My case got escalated up to engineering and they did something as it is now working. I asked what the fox was and they said the fox was in a app update that came out, but I argued that point because I am still running the same versions I had been with no change. My suspicion was an internal programming error on the account or the service. Maybe they reset something on their end, because now it is recommending all kinds of music that I don’t listen to. So it’s like I have to start my loving and hating songs all over again.

I would suggest chatting or calling them to open a case and you can reference mine so they can look up what the fix was quickly.

Case Number: 100934645610

Similar questions

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 15, 2019 8:16 AM in response to lordduckling

My case got escalated up to engineering and they did something as it is now working. I asked what the fox was and they said the fox was in a app update that came out, but I argued that point because I am still running the same versions I had been with no change. My suspicion was an internal programming error on the account or the service. Maybe they reset something on their end, because now it is recommending all kinds of music that I don’t listen to. So it’s like I have to start my loving and hating songs all over again.

I would suggest chatting or calling them to open a case and you can reference mine so they can look up what the fix was quickly.

Case Number: 100934645610

Oct 29, 2019 5:15 PM in response to Nepsa2987

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities Nepsa2987,

I see that the "New Music Mix" under the "For You" section of your Apple Music is not updating. I use Apple Music daily, so I understand wanting to explore new music, and I'd be happy to help.

Since this seems to only be affecting your account, let's have you sign out and back in to the iTunes & App Store. Let's go to Settings > iTunes & App Store, tap on your Apple ID and sign out. Once you're signed out, restart your device and go back to Settings > iTunes & App Store and sign in.

This step will temporarily remove any music you’ve saved for offline listening, you will have to redownload all the music saved for offline manually again. Once thats complete, check to see if the issue still remains.

Let me know how this goes.

Oct 29, 2019 6:18 PM in response to raina_b22

Thank you for the feedback but I have a case open with Apple and it has been escalated up to the engineering level.

during the nearly hour and half I spent on the phone troubleshooting this, they had be me try everything you suggested and more with no luck. This affects all my devices on my account including my 2 other iPhones, iPod, and Mac book pro.

but again, only my account and no one else’s on my family plan is affected.

New music mix not updating in Apple Music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.