Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook air batter life

Hello i have a late 2015 13” macbook air as of recently my batter has been draining extremely fast the battery has just over 700 cycle and is in normal condition and lasts me about 3-4 hours what can i do to make the battery last longer or should i consider getting the battery replaced?

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on Oct 24, 2019 4:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 24, 2019 8:31 AM

After fully charging the battery, open Activity Monitor and select the CPU tab. Click on %CPU so the list is from highest CPU usage to lowest. You can also click on the Energy tab and click on the Energy Impact column so the app list is sorted from highest to lowest. Now unplug and use the computer as you normally do.

Keep an eye on the CPU usage for apps and processes that might have unexpected high usage. Same on the Energy tab. Anything having a high impact that's not expected? Doing this you may find you have a process that's gone rogue or an application that is straining the system more than you think. That could explain it.

But after 3-4 years and 700 cycles it could be battery time. I've been replacing my batteries in about that time frame

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 24, 2019 8:31 AM in response to Hajrahpatel

After fully charging the battery, open Activity Monitor and select the CPU tab. Click on %CPU so the list is from highest CPU usage to lowest. You can also click on the Energy tab and click on the Energy Impact column so the app list is sorted from highest to lowest. Now unplug and use the computer as you normally do.

Keep an eye on the CPU usage for apps and processes that might have unexpected high usage. Same on the Energy tab. Anything having a high impact that's not expected? Doing this you may find you have a process that's gone rogue or an application that is straining the system more than you think. That could explain it.

But after 3-4 years and 700 cycles it could be battery time. I've been replacing my batteries in about that time frame

Macbook air batter life

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.