Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is Microsoft Office 365 compatible with Catalina?

I have recently upgraded my Mac to the Catalina operating system, and realized that Microsoft Office would not work, so I've purchased the latest version of Microsoft Office 365 Home. But, I cannot get it to update.

Is Microsoft Office 365 Home compatible with the Catalina Operating System?

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 24, 2019 6:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 24, 2019 6:54 AM

Microsoft Office 365 is in fact compatible with Catalina.

But it is not an update that can be applied to older versions of Office, it is in an of itself a newer version of Office separate to anything you may have installed already.

You can download the new Apps directly from the Microsoft website or the Mac App Store on your Mac. Then use the Microsoft account used to purchase it to log in to one of the downloaded apps to activate them.

Note: Office 365 is a subscription, either yearly or monthly.

If you bought the one time purchase of Office 2019, then you need to download the installer from the Microsoft office, and activate it with the activation key you should have received.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 24, 2019 6:54 AM in response to bobandgail

Microsoft Office 365 is in fact compatible with Catalina.

But it is not an update that can be applied to older versions of Office, it is in an of itself a newer version of Office separate to anything you may have installed already.

You can download the new Apps directly from the Microsoft website or the Mac App Store on your Mac. Then use the Microsoft account used to purchase it to log in to one of the downloaded apps to activate them.

Note: Office 365 is a subscription, either yearly or monthly.

If you bought the one time purchase of Office 2019, then you need to download the installer from the Microsoft office, and activate it with the activation key you should have received.

Is Microsoft Office 365 compatible with Catalina?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.