Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Repeated updates from App Store over and over again?

Hi guys,

Does anybody else get these repeated update offers from the App Store for the same updates over and over again? When I try installing it again, it re-downloads and I get an error message.

Thanks

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.13

Posted on Oct 24, 2019 11:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 24, 2019 11:48 AM

To check if your updates have actually been installed click on the Apple top left of your screen, select About This Mac. Now select System Report, from the screen that opens select Software and then Installations. Click on Install Date twice so the list is shown with the most recent downloads first. If the updates listed in the App Store as being installed are not then connect your Mac to your router using a cabled connection, and watch the progress bar and make sure it goes from Downloading to Installing.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 24, 2019 11:48 AM in response to PencilSharpener666

To check if your updates have actually been installed click on the Apple top left of your screen, select About This Mac. Now select System Report, from the screen that opens select Software and then Installations. Click on Install Date twice so the list is shown with the most recent downloads first. If the updates listed in the App Store as being installed are not then connect your Mac to your router using a cabled connection, and watch the progress bar and make sure it goes from Downloading to Installing.

Oct 25, 2019 2:14 AM in response to PencilSharpener666

Ok, I thought I would do a bit of checking on my Mac also. According to Safari I was running version 13.0.2

the latest offering. I looked in the Software> Installations section and it was not listed, odd.

I then checked for available updates and it said 13.0.2 was available for download, strange. So I downloaded it and it installed.

It is now listed as installed in the System Report> Software> Installations list.

So I cannot give you a definitive answer as to why that would be, perhaps there was a revision that they don't want to admit to, but remember it is not you that is going mad it is everyone else.

Repeated updates from App Store over and over again?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.