Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can Anyonew Tell Me What MT Mapping Error Message Means In First Aid

Can Anyonew Tell Me What MT Mapping (0x40000006aecf3 --> 0x1150d6, 1, C) is not Completley Refrenced Error Message Means In First Aid on the new Catalina os using mac mini

Mac mini, macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 24, 2019 8:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 27, 2019 11:26 AM

If the error is associated with a snapshot, then it should correct itself once the snapshot is removed by the system. If the error is not associated with a snapshot and Disk Utility cannot repair it, then the only option is to erase the whole physical drive and reinstall macOS or restore from a backup.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 27, 2019 11:26 AM in response to Tankasarus130

If the error is associated with a snapshot, then it should correct itself once the snapshot is removed by the system. If the error is not associated with a snapshot and Disk Utility cannot repair it, then the only option is to erase the whole physical drive and reinstall macOS or restore from a backup.

Nov 27, 2019 11:12 AM in response to HWTech

That is not good to hear. I have Catalina installed and my system is very slow with a lot of beachballing.

Running Disk Utility, I get the MT error:

warning: MT mapping (0x40000004e844d -> 0xd48fb2, 1, C) is not completely referenced

warning: MT mapping (0x40000004e8580 -> 0x1adc485, 4, C) is not completely referenced

Too many warnings of this type generated; suppressing subsequent ones.

Nov 27, 2019 11:26 AM in response to exfed

hi

finally got rid of mapping errors took my mac mini into apple store and they told me that i had to clean the drive completely and put a clean install of catalina in so i did that and it did get rid of mapping errors but it took me an additional 9 days running 24/7 to get the music app to show my music library but bottom line is you need to do a clean install of catalina to clear errors

hope this helps someone else in mean time many thanks for everyone’s input

Can Anyonew Tell Me What MT Mapping Error Message Means In First Aid

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.