Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes Store - no search button

I've recently upgraded to Catalina, Version 10.15, and I now find that there is no search button/search facility in iTunes Store. It used to be in the top right position, but has now disappeared. How can I browse music tracks?

I have fast internet wi-fi and have no problem with anything else. I use an iMAC

Posted on Oct 25, 2019 2:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 30, 2019 6:34 PM

Hi siryerfdog,

It sounds like you're trying to search in the Music app, and I want to help.

When you open Music, the search field is in the left side bar above the other categories for Apple Music, Library, and Store.

Once you select the search field, you can choose between searching Your Library or the iTunes Store in the top right.

You can browse the iTunes Store home page by selecting iTunes Store on the left side bar to view the iTunes Store home page as well.

Here's more on how to use the Music app:

Listen to music and more in the Music app - Apple Support

Good luck!

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 30, 2019 6:34 PM in response to siryerfdog

Hi siryerfdog,

It sounds like you're trying to search in the Music app, and I want to help.

When you open Music, the search field is in the left side bar above the other categories for Apple Music, Library, and Store.

Once you select the search field, you can choose between searching Your Library or the iTunes Store in the top right.

You can browse the iTunes Store home page by selecting iTunes Store on the left side bar to view the iTunes Store home page as well.

Here's more on how to use the Music app:

Listen to music and more in the Music app - Apple Support

Good luck!

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities.

iTunes Store - no search button

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.