Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery suddenly discharges

My battery suddenly (100% to 1% in 10 minutes) discharges with no Apps running. Then 100% is achieved after plugging it in, but way too fast to indicate proper charging time. How do I diagnose and solve this?

iPhone 7

Posted on Oct 25, 2019 6:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 25, 2019 7:39 AM

It sounds like your phone's battery has reached the end of its life. Does your phone work well when connected to an external power source? If so, it's probably worth saving. I would take it to a Genius Bar (make an appointment first) for a diagnosis, after which you can decide what to do. Good luck.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 25, 2019 7:39 AM in response to Gantfam

It sounds like your phone's battery has reached the end of its life. Does your phone work well when connected to an external power source? If so, it's probably worth saving. I would take it to a Genius Bar (make an appointment first) for a diagnosis, after which you can decide what to do. Good luck.

Battery suddenly discharges

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.