Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Restore data from google drive

I want to backup my data from google drive to iCloud all the WhatsApp data and all other data

iPhone 6s, iOS 13

Posted on Oct 25, 2019 8:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 25, 2019 8:42 AM

With WhatsApp you cannot do so. The WhatsApp app developers have made their app such that Android users can only backup to Google drive, and Apple users can only backup to iCloud. And WhatsApp provides no means to restore a WhatsApp backup from one platform to the other platform.

You can contact WhatsApp support to see if they have any solution, but they never have offered one yet to my knowledge.

As for other Google drive content, use the Google Drive app for iOS to access your Google Drive files. It is free in the App store.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 25, 2019 8:42 AM in response to kalpesh192

With WhatsApp you cannot do so. The WhatsApp app developers have made their app such that Android users can only backup to Google drive, and Apple users can only backup to iCloud. And WhatsApp provides no means to restore a WhatsApp backup from one platform to the other platform.

You can contact WhatsApp support to see if they have any solution, but they never have offered one yet to my knowledge.

As for other Google drive content, use the Google Drive app for iOS to access your Google Drive files. It is free in the App store.

Restore data from google drive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.