Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Powerbanks not charging Apple Watch reliably

I purchased a portable power bank specific to the Apple Watch series 4 and what’s odd is that it starts charging for a few seconds and then stops, then starts and just goes around in a cycle every 5 seconds or so. I sent that back and purchased a different one from another retailer and it’s the same issue.

finally I purchased a power bank not specific to the Apple Watch and it charges other devices without issue but it’s the same story with my watch. If I connect the watch USB cable to the wall outlet it works absolutely fine.

i doubt the watch is faulty as it works from a wall outlet via any USB charger - the problem is only with powerbanks And I’ve even purchased MFI certified ones.

any ideas what I’m missing here? All I want is to be able to charge my watch on the go from a portable power supply. It can’t be that difficult, can it?

Apple Watch

Posted on Oct 25, 2019 10:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 25, 2019 11:55 AM

I would return it for credit and see if Apple has a portable charger.

1 reply

Powerbanks not charging Apple Watch reliably

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.