Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Confirmation of a successful apple watch backup?

After unpairing an Apple Watch, a backup is automatically created and can be verified in General>Settings>iPhone Storage>Watch. Is there any way to confirm that a successful watch backup occurred either in iCloud or on the computer? Apple states that a watch backup occurs when backing up to the cloud or when performing an encrypted backup on the computer. The latest phone backup can be confirmed but there is no way to confirm that the Apple watch backup was successful. I have spoken to a few of my friends that had encrypted backups and their watch data was missing when paired to a new phone. Anyone experienced this same problem?

Apple Watch

Posted on Oct 25, 2019 10:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 26, 2019 6:56 AM

I use itunes for all my backups and have never had a problem yet unlike icloud.When you make a backup in itunes make sure you check the encrypt iphone backup is ticked,then when the backup is finished you go into edit/preferences/devices and you will see the date and time of the backup you have just made.If you backup the phone without the encrypt backup being ticked then you will end up with a phone backup without your health and fitness data and passwords.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 26, 2019 6:56 AM in response to edpascua

I use itunes for all my backups and have never had a problem yet unlike icloud.When you make a backup in itunes make sure you check the encrypt iphone backup is ticked,then when the backup is finished you go into edit/preferences/devices and you will see the date and time of the backup you have just made.If you backup the phone without the encrypt backup being ticked then you will end up with a phone backup without your health and fitness data and passwords.

Confirmation of a successful apple watch backup?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.