Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhoto

If i upload my photos from my phone to my computer, then delete them from my phone so they stay on my computer?

iPhone 8, iOS 13

Posted on Oct 25, 2019 2:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 25, 2019 2:26 PM

Depends on how you do that.

If you use iCloud Photo Library then no, as changes are synced across devices. So anything you delete from the iPhone, will get deleted from the Mac.

If you use the iPhoto app or Photos app on a Mac to import them from the iPhone which is connected through its USB cable to the Mac, then yes, as they are copied from the iPhone into the Mac and stop having any link with the iPhone.

See here: Transfer photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 25, 2019 2:26 PM in response to LydiaSexton27

Depends on how you do that.

If you use iCloud Photo Library then no, as changes are synced across devices. So anything you delete from the iPhone, will get deleted from the Mac.

If you use the iPhoto app or Photos app on a Mac to import them from the iPhone which is connected through its USB cable to the Mac, then yes, as they are copied from the iPhone into the Mac and stop having any link with the iPhone.

See here: Transfer photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

iPhoto

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.