Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Reminder daily failure

since i phone upgrade reminder refuses to notify of daily entries, the date refuses to advance

Posted on Oct 25, 2019 8:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 31, 2019 1:14 PM

Hello studen,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. I understand you're having some issues with Reminders in iOS 13, and I'll be happy to help out.

For confirmation, it sounds like you're not receiving notifications for the Reminders; is that right? When you say the date refuses to advance, what's happening there?

Are you using iOS 13.2? If not, here's How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch and Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Are you using iCloud with your Reminders? If so, depending on the devices and software versions, this might be useful: Get ready for the new Reminders app

I hope this helps get you started. Cheers.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 31, 2019 1:14 PM in response to studen

Hello studen,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. I understand you're having some issues with Reminders in iOS 13, and I'll be happy to help out.

For confirmation, it sounds like you're not receiving notifications for the Reminders; is that right? When you say the date refuses to advance, what's happening there?

Are you using iOS 13.2? If not, here's How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch and Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Are you using iCloud with your Reminders? If so, depending on the devices and software versions, this might be useful: Get ready for the new Reminders app

I hope this helps get you started. Cheers.

Nov 4, 2019 6:02 AM in response to studen

Hi studen,

Thanks for the reply. To clarify, are you saying you create a reminder and tap the "i" icon and enable "Remind me on a day," but you don't see the reminder as scheduled? Under "Repeat" do you have it set to Daily?

Also, to clarify one point mentioned above, are you using iCloud with Reminders? Which other devices and software versions are you using?

I recommend starting with this resource in order to review your Notifications settings: Use notifications on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Take care.

Nov 7, 2019 3:22 PM in response to chris_g1

OK sorry if my explanation was ambiguous....I see the reminder, time - repeat- daily but on the Alarm the date does not advance to remind me,Ive turned I cloud on and off...makes no difference.

Ive used this app continually for a number of years without an issue so I am familiar with how it works.

It apears to be working on Catilina .Thanks

Reminder daily failure

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.