Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HP Scanjet G3110 com.apple.imagecapture error 704 with Catalina

Hi

Once switched to the new Catalinat release , my old HP scanjet G3110 fails during the scan process with an error "com.apple.imagecapture error 704 "Of course, I've upadted the Hp easy scan in the latest version (Version 1.9.2 (126)) wich fits normamly (including the latest drivers )

I've exactly the same error with the Apple Image capture soft (scanner connection Ok but error during scan process)

Following some threads I've granted these 2 apps a full disk access in System parameters, without any sucess...

Hope that someone can help !!

Thanks in advance for your replies

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Oct 26, 2019 9:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 23, 2019 2:49 AM

I just had the same problem after installing the newest hp Software package. (Catalina 10.5.1 is installed on my iMac ) I deinstalled all HP Software and used the elder HP_ScanJet_v2.4.3.dmg. Now the scanner runs by digital images.

Similar questions

7 replies

Oct 26, 2019 10:27 AM in response to VikingOSX

Hi, thanks for your swift reply. Yes I've figured out that Vuescan could be a work around and actually it works!! But the free release is mainly recording your file with watermark, that is non usable for a normal use .

HP claims that their drivers are 64-bits and support Catalina . But up to now , it's false

I will raise the bug to HP as well and see what is the answer

Thanks again

Oct 26, 2019 10:34 AM in response to FrenchUser33

VueScan is a paid product, and it is not unusual for vendors selling products to apply watermark, or otherwise limit features in a trial version. Still, VueScan is likely cheaper than doing without a working scanner, purchasing another, or waiting on HP to figure out Catalina.

I happen to have owned VueScan Professional since 2012 without ever having to pay for newer versions of the software, and it continues to drive my unsupported Canon scanner. I receive no benefit from Hamrick software for recommending VueScan in the support communities.

HP Scanjet G3110 com.apple.imagecapture error 704 with Catalina

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.