Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Error -1008F Downgrade from Catalina to Mojave

Hi, I would like to know if anyone knows about MacOS, I tried to downgrade from Catalina beta to Mojave, initializing the disk. But at the end of the Mojave installation, the macbook gives me error -1008F ... I can't even go back to MacOS utility and I didn't backup before starting it all.

If anyone can help me or know someone who could, I would be grateful.

Thanks.

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 26, 2019 9:33 AM

1 reply

Oct 26, 2019 9:45 AM in response to Jeanx12

A large negative number would indicate any of the following issues with your wireless network connection to the Internet. As a workaround, you should connect your Mac directly to your router by Ethernet. If your MBA does not have a dedicated Ethernet port, you could use a USB-C-to-Ethernet adapter for this. Note that this will come in handy in the future for cases like this.

• The wireless network is configured to use a hidden (non-broadcast) network name or SSID.
  • The wireless network is secured with either WEP or WPA-Enterprise.
  • The connection requires certificate-based authentication / 802.1x
  • The connection requires the use of Proxies (where specific proxy servers must be configured in network preferences)
  • Captive Wi-Fi networks (where you click an “Agree” button to access the Internet)
  • PPPoE (where there is no router handling the PPPoE connection)
  • Failure of the router to provide a workable DNS server address, or providing 0.0.0.0

Error -1008F Downgrade from Catalina to Mojave

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.