Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FaceTime on my iPhone SE does not work/crashes because my front facing camera is broken

Hi,

I dropped my phone about a week ago, and as a result the front facing camera got broken and doesnt work anymore. I replaced the screen but the front facing camera still does not work. When I open the camera app and switch the camera to the front facing camera, it is just a black screen. I know that I plugged it in right during the repair because all of the sensors and the earpiece still work.

I don't really have a problem about not having a front camera, but my real problem here is that I am unable to use FaceTime. If I facetime someone, it freezes while its dialing and ends the call, no questions asked, no error message. Just ends the call. Same thing if someone facetimes me. It will show up for one second after I answer the call and then it hangs up. Also, I tried clicking the camera flip button on facetime for the breif second that the call is active but it didnt work and it still hangs up.

Anyone know a way to fix this? Maybe is there some way to set the default camera view to the rear facing camera.

Thanks for your help if anyone has some suggestion

Running ios 13.2 public beta btw.

iPhone SE, iOS 13

Posted on Oct 26, 2019 9:58 AM

12 replies

Oct 26, 2019 10:30 AM in response to Hidden User

The issue with FaceTime may be due to running a public beta. Regardless, we will not be able to help you as we can't discuss any issues that your phone is having while on a beta. Whether or not, it is due to the beta as there is no way to tell if dropping the phone or using the beta is causing this issue. I believe rbrylawski is trying to address the "dropped" phone part.

Oct 26, 2019 10:58 AM in response to Hidden User

Sorry, but no. At least not for Apple's public betas. These are a "user beware" type of program and Apple does not provide any level of support for them. On the other hand, if you participate in one of the Developer betas, then you will be provided with a forum to address issues that come up.

Again, I am not saying that this issue is not directly related to you dropping your phone or anything you did when you replaced the screen. I have to assume that if you did this yourself that you would not be able to replace that screen with a genuine Apple part. I am just saying that it may be exasperated by using a beta operating system and we do not have the option to help you with the latter.

FaceTime on my iPhone SE does not work/crashes because my front facing camera is broken

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.