Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple watch edition warranty (series 5)

What is the warranty period for Apple watch edition (series 5)? On Apple website said that all Edition and Hermes are 2 years, but Apple store staff said it’s only 1 year.

I bought a Titanium version.

Apple Watch, watchOS 4

Posted on Oct 26, 2019 7:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 27, 2019 8:10 AM

On the U.S. Apple Store, I'm seeing

90 days complimentary telephone technical support

1 year limited warranty

AppleCare+

"Every Apple Watch Edition and Apple Watch Hermes comes with two years of hardware repair coverage through it limited warranty and up to two years of complimentary support." (typos are all mine)

I think this part costs extra:

"AppleCare+ for Apple Watch Edition and Apple Watch Hermes extends your coverage and includes up to tws incidents of accidental damage coverage every 36 months. Each incident is subject to a $79 service fee, plus applicable tax. In addition you'll get 24/7 priority access to Apple experts by chat or phone." (again typos are all mine)

I had some issues following links at Apple this morning, so I got the above via the iPhone Apple Store app, and hand copied it out.

So I get the impression that a regular Apple Watch Aluminum and Stainless Steel gives you 1 year, and you pay for AppleCare+. But the above gives the impression that the Titanium, Ceramic and Hermes extend the limited warranty to two years, and telephone support to two years.

Keep in mind Apple Store staff do not memories every webpage on the company website. And the store would tend to deal with the Aluminum and some Stainless Steel models more than the Titanium, Ceramic and Hermes (my guess based on cost), so they may be thinking about the less expensive products.

If you have it is writing from the Apple website, then that is what you should believe.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 27, 2019 8:10 AM in response to laksawat

On the U.S. Apple Store, I'm seeing

90 days complimentary telephone technical support

1 year limited warranty

AppleCare+

"Every Apple Watch Edition and Apple Watch Hermes comes with two years of hardware repair coverage through it limited warranty and up to two years of complimentary support." (typos are all mine)

I think this part costs extra:

"AppleCare+ for Apple Watch Edition and Apple Watch Hermes extends your coverage and includes up to tws incidents of accidental damage coverage every 36 months. Each incident is subject to a $79 service fee, plus applicable tax. In addition you'll get 24/7 priority access to Apple experts by chat or phone." (again typos are all mine)

I had some issues following links at Apple this morning, so I got the above via the iPhone Apple Store app, and hand copied it out.

So I get the impression that a regular Apple Watch Aluminum and Stainless Steel gives you 1 year, and you pay for AppleCare+. But the above gives the impression that the Titanium, Ceramic and Hermes extend the limited warranty to two years, and telephone support to two years.

Keep in mind Apple Store staff do not memories every webpage on the company website. And the store would tend to deal with the Aluminum and some Stainless Steel models more than the Titanium, Ceramic and Hermes (my guess based on cost), so they may be thinking about the less expensive products.

If you have it is writing from the Apple website, then that is what you should believe.

Apple watch edition warranty (series 5)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.