Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Since installing OS Catalina I can't get print jobs to my HP Printer

Since updating to OS Catalina on my iMac I cannot get anything to print on my HP Officejet Pro 8625

Posted on Oct 26, 2019 9:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 26, 2019 11:12 PM

It says Setting up the device, the blue line is all across, and it just keeps trying.

Problem not solved at all. Apple will call me in the morning.

Also, I purchased and installed Office 2019 for Mac before I updated to Catalina. It worked fine before the update, but doesn't work now that I've updated to Catalina. I hope Apple can help in the morning.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 26, 2019 11:12 PM in response to shtzulu95

It says Setting up the device, the blue line is all across, and it just keeps trying.

Problem not solved at all. Apple will call me in the morning.

Also, I purchased and installed Office 2019 for Mac before I updated to Catalina. It worked fine before the update, but doesn't work now that I've updated to Catalina. I hope Apple can help in the morning.

Oct 26, 2019 11:28 PM in response to shtzulu95

I have experienced a similar problem trying to print photos to an old(ish) Canon 9500Pro MKIII printer. After I updated to Mojave, it wouldn't print the photos the way it would from High Sierra.

The issue could lie with your printer's firmware not being supported by Catalina.

Try this, but still visit your Apple shop: https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-officejet-pro-8620-e-all-in-one-printer-series/5367611/model/5385111

The video suggests that your printer is of an appreciative age.

Since installing OS Catalina I can't get print jobs to my HP Printer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.