Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

apple screensharing didn‘t work after Catalina update

Hi community,

after updating a remote computer from Mojave to Catalina Apples screen sharing - located in iMessage - didn‘t work anymore.

If I try a connection from my MacBook Pro (with Sierra) to the remote computer running with Catalina he get the call, but when he accepted the call, nothing happened till an error message appears on mine.

Any solutions?

Mike

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.12

Posted on Oct 27, 2019 7:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 2, 2019 6:25 AM

Hi i_rina!

Thanks so lot for your answer. I did the screen sharing many years and it works fine all the time. The problem appears first with Catalina.

The horror is gone with update to Catalina 15.1 wich my customer installed yesterday. Now screen sharing works again as expected.

Have a nice weekend

since87

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 2, 2019 6:25 AM in response to i_rina

Hi i_rina!

Thanks so lot for your answer. I did the screen sharing many years and it works fine all the time. The problem appears first with Catalina.

The horror is gone with update to Catalina 15.1 wich my customer installed yesterday. Now screen sharing works again as expected.

Have a nice weekend

since87

Nov 1, 2019 12:42 PM in response to since87

Hey there, since87!

Thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities. I understand from your post that you are having trouble screen sharing with another Mac computer via Messages. I'm happy to help!

What I would recommend is that both computers go through the steps and information outlined in the Apple Support article Share screens using Messages on Mac - Apple Support to make sure they're set up properly. Then, use the "If you can’t share a screen" if issues continue.

Best.

apple screensharing didn‘t work after Catalina update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.