Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail quits on launch on iPad 4th gen running iOS 10.3.3

Does anyone have a solution to Mail quitting on launch on the iPad 4th gen running iOS 10.3.3? It just started yesterday. Everything is up to date. I tried a hard reset (power and home buttons held at same time until Apple logo appears), but it didn't help. Thank you.

iPad, iOS 10

Posted on Oct 27, 2019 8:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 27, 2019 4:18 PM

Thank you for your reply. I did not try yet to reset All Settings. But, here is what I did.

I disabled my POP accounts and left only my Google account, and Mail successfully launched. I added back one of my POP accts and Mail launched successfully, again. However, enabling the other POP account caused Mail to crash again. I then read on an old post to disable email threading in the Settings/Mail, and this solved the problem. The second POP account did have alot of threaded emails, while the first did not have any.

I have reenabled email threading again, and it still seems to be okay. Maybe, in time, this problem will popup again. However, for now, Mail seems to be working.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 27, 2019 4:18 PM in response to QuickPost

Thank you for your reply. I did not try yet to reset All Settings. But, here is what I did.

I disabled my POP accounts and left only my Google account, and Mail successfully launched. I added back one of my POP accts and Mail launched successfully, again. However, enabling the other POP account caused Mail to crash again. I then read on an old post to disable email threading in the Settings/Mail, and this solved the problem. The second POP account did have alot of threaded emails, while the first did not have any.

I have reenabled email threading again, and it still seems to be okay. Maybe, in time, this problem will popup again. However, for now, Mail seems to be working.

Mail quits on launch on iPad 4th gen running iOS 10.3.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.