Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What has changed with "App bar"? Icons will not launch apps and if moved, they disappear. Some icons are red out but cannot be deleted.

What has changed with "App bar"? Icons will not launch apps and if moved, they disappear. Some icons are red out but cannot be deleted.

iMac 21.5" 4K, macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 27, 2019 8:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 1, 2019 1:14 PM

Hi, montana in a jeep!

Thanks for stopping by the Apple Support Communities. I understand from your post that there are some apps in your Dock that appear with a red slash through them, and you can't delete them. I'm happy to help!

From what you've described, I suggest going through the following steps. Try them in order, testing after each until the issue is resolved:

1. Quit any open apps: Quit apps on Mac - Apple Support then restart your Mac: How to turn your Mac on or off - Apple Support.
  2. See if the issue occurs in safe mode: Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac - Apple Support.
  3. See if the issue occurs in a new, test user: How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac - Apple Support.

Don't hesitate to respond back if you still have trouble with the apps. If you do, please provide additional details about your issue, including where you're trying to remove the apps from exactly, and what happens when you try to remove the apps from them. If you get any error messages, what is the exact message you get?

Enjoy your weekend!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 1, 2019 1:14 PM in response to montana in a jeep

Hi, montana in a jeep!

Thanks for stopping by the Apple Support Communities. I understand from your post that there are some apps in your Dock that appear with a red slash through them, and you can't delete them. I'm happy to help!

From what you've described, I suggest going through the following steps. Try them in order, testing after each until the issue is resolved:

1. Quit any open apps: Quit apps on Mac - Apple Support then restart your Mac: How to turn your Mac on or off - Apple Support.
  2. See if the issue occurs in safe mode: Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac - Apple Support.
  3. See if the issue occurs in a new, test user: How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac - Apple Support.

Don't hesitate to respond back if you still have trouble with the apps. If you do, please provide additional details about your issue, including where you're trying to remove the apps from exactly, and what happens when you try to remove the apps from them. If you get any error messages, what is the exact message you get?

Enjoy your weekend!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.