Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Issues with volume control via “Hey Siri” on HomePod

I am having issues getting HomePod to turn the volume up and down when I give the hey Siri command. Sometimes it works and sometimes it does not. For instance, if I say “hey Siri, turn it up in the kitchen” it will sometimes work and others she will come back and say “I’m afraid I can’t do that for you”

Any solutions from anyone?

Posted on Oct 27, 2019 10:12 AM

2 replies

Oct 29, 2019 5:36 PM in response to Vancouver22

Unfortunately there is no solution for this. I have wasted probably over 30 hours dealing with Apple support on this. Many other people have posted about this on reddit. I actually took mine to Apple store tonight and they were totally surprised about this. Whenever u say hey Siri lower the volume in a “room name” it will not work. If you go to another homepod in another room and ask it to lower the volume in the other room than that works. Obviously they must not have much training exposure to the HomePods. Only thing that works is if u create a stereo pair. Than the volume commands will work fine. So frustrated.

Issues with volume control via “Hey Siri” on HomePod

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.