Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i forgot my ipad passcode, now my device is disabled

i forgot my ipad passcode, now my device is disabled. i followed the instructions to unlock my ipad. it seems i need to delete the ipad on find my iphone so that i can go back to factory settings. when i choose to delete it asks me for my password again however my password isn't working because it's using my old apple id and there is no option to change it.

iPad mini, iOS 12

Posted on Oct 27, 2019 11:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 27, 2019 11:53 AM

Use iTunes on a computer. If you don’t have a computer, make an appointment at an Apple Store and ask for their help, , use a friend or family member’s computer, but you are going to have to use a computer now to unlock the device.

If you forgot the passcode for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, or your device is disabled - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 27, 2019 11:53 AM in response to cristinafromsag harbor

Use iTunes on a computer. If you don’t have a computer, make an appointment at an Apple Store and ask for their help, , use a friend or family member’s computer, but you are going to have to use a computer now to unlock the device.

If you forgot the passcode for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, or your device is disabled - Apple Support

i forgot my ipad passcode, now my device is disabled

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.