Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 7 microphone stop working

my Daughters iPhone microphone is not working and unable to talk to caller or use FaceTime. I did all the updates and cleaned the microphone. I went as far as a full restore on the phone. The iPhone microphone only work for 20 minutes and then it stop working again. Please help!!!

iPhone 7

Posted on Oct 27, 2019 4:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 27, 2019 9:28 PM

dorothyfromdeptford Said:

"iPhone microphone is not working and unable to talk to caller or use FaceTime. I did all the updates and cleaned the microphone. I went as far as a full restore on the phone."

-------

It's an iPhone 7. So, I do not think an Apple Care Protection would cover this. So, as an alternative to not being covered, take this to an AASP (Apple Authorized Service Provider), for extra help. They will look at this error firsthand and will know where to go from here.

Go Here: Find Locations - Apple Authorized Reseller. Click: Service & Support > Enter your location information, and see if there is an AASP nearby. Contact an AASP that shows up, and find out more about the services that they offer to fix this.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 27, 2019 9:28 PM in response to dorothyfromdeptford

"iPhone microphone is not working and unable to talk to caller or use FaceTime. I did all the updates and cleaned the microphone. I went as far as a full restore on the phone."

-------

It's an iPhone 7. So, I do not think an Apple Care Protection would cover this. So, as an alternative to not being covered, take this to an AASP (Apple Authorized Service Provider), for extra help. They will look at this error firsthand and will know where to go from here.

Go Here: Find Locations - Apple Authorized Reseller. Click: Service & Support > Enter your location information, and see if there is an AASP nearby. Contact an AASP that shows up, and find out more about the services that they offer to fix this.

Oct 27, 2019 4:32 PM in response to dorothyfromdeptford

The iPhone microphone only work for 20 minutes and then it stop working again. Please help!!!

———-

Deactivate the Mute Button:

The mute button wouldn't happen to be activated, would it? If so, deactivate it when calling, by tapping the microphone button, making it non-green (Button’s location: top-left corner of the phone app screen, only while on a call).

I am uncertain about the 20 minute part.

iPhone 7 microphone stop working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.