Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad and app updates, wrong AppleID

I went to the apple store today and spend a long time trying to resolve my constant issue

my iPad had an old email address—i*******@cox.net which I no longer have for several years

i changed the email address on my iPhone but could not on the pad

the apple support helped me get it set to the correct address—-p*******@yahoo.com

now even I try to update my apps it is asking for the password to the old address when the iPad is set to the new one

please please help me get this fixed once and for all, this has been all day so I can’t take it any longer

[Email Edited by Moderator]

iPad, iOS 12

Posted on Oct 27, 2019 5:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 27, 2019 6:03 PM

The only fix is that you delete the apps downloaded using the old Apple ID and re-download them using your new Apple ID.

FYI, Apps or any content downloaded using one Apple ID cannot be merged or transferred to another Apple ID.

Content is forever tied to the Apple ID used to download them.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 27, 2019 6:03 PM in response to Rhett4Erin

The only fix is that you delete the apps downloaded using the old Apple ID and re-download them using your new Apple ID.

FYI, Apps or any content downloaded using one Apple ID cannot be merged or transferred to another Apple ID.

Content is forever tied to the Apple ID used to download them.

iPad and app updates, wrong AppleID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.