Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Photo non-stop for the last 3 hours

I have no issue with Photo app before upgrading to Catalina. But now (Catalina is installed completed), the photos app when launched, will begin to "gathering favorites / curating best photos / analysing scenes / composing layout" and it repeats these 4 tasks over and over and over again for hours. The status bar is somewhere at 85%

I want to know if it is actually working on something and is there a way I know how long more it will take.

Details :

iMac 21.5: late 2013

MacOS Catalina 10.15

iMac 21.5", macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 28, 2019 12:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 28, 2019 3:05 AM

It will do Analysing Scenes... Gathering Favorites... etc etc repeating for comic to more than 4 hours. And it hang the second time. The whole Mac is frozen. I can't switch windows, can't access to Apple menu, can't force quit. But I can Force shutdown.

I don't mind let it run for few days but it freeze after running for few hours and I feel my effort is wasted. There is no feedback about how much more they will do or at least the status bar showing the percentage (e.g. 89%).

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 28, 2019 3:05 AM in response to jameshoty

It will do Analysing Scenes... Gathering Favorites... etc etc repeating for comic to more than 4 hours. And it hang the second time. The whole Mac is frozen. I can't switch windows, can't access to Apple menu, can't force quit. But I can Force shutdown.

I don't mind let it run for few days but it freeze after running for few hours and I feel my effort is wasted. There is no feedback about how much more they will do or at least the status bar showing the percentage (e.g. 89%).

Apple Photo non-stop for the last 3 hours

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.