Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HomePod stop working after update

my HomePod stop working after update

Posted on Oct 28, 2019 11:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 28, 2019 6:46 PM

If you update to 13.2, then it's bricked. Apple silently pulled this update and has not publicly acknowledged the problem to assist other users in avoiding this issue. It occurs either during an update or after performing a Factory Reset. This was a major bug that should have been caught by QA or QCC and they dropped the ball. Biggest problem I'm having is the lack of transparency for protecting other customers by Apple. It's as if they are more concerned with saving their brand recognition than the potential of damaging it by holding themselves accountable. I expect this out of their competitors. But, sadly, they've proven they're not better.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 28, 2019 6:46 PM in response to luuluannguyen

If you update to 13.2, then it's bricked. Apple silently pulled this update and has not publicly acknowledged the problem to assist other users in avoiding this issue. It occurs either during an update or after performing a Factory Reset. This was a major bug that should have been caught by QA or QCC and they dropped the ball. Biggest problem I'm having is the lack of transparency for protecting other customers by Apple. It's as if they are more concerned with saving their brand recognition than the potential of damaging it by holding themselves accountable. I expect this out of their competitors. But, sadly, they've proven they're not better.

HomePod stop working after update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.