Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HomePod doesn’t boot

My HomePod just white spinning and restarting. Normal reset doesn’t work. Spinning red and restarting. Can anybody help?

Posted on Oct 28, 2019 12:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 2, 2019 8:57 AM

Best you can do according to If your HomePod with iOS 13.2 is unresponsive - Apple Support is contact Apple support. Perhaps they will come up with an alternative method for resolving this. You're certainly not alone in using HomePod outside of the countries where it has been released.

tt2

12 replies

Oct 28, 2019 2:55 PM in response to Csucsu

Yes same here. There is another massive thread on reddit too with loads of bricked homepods. Update is a disaster. Immediately after I noted apple music not working . I went for a reset and now stuck in this white circle

loop. the circle goes red briefly before returning to spinning white. I’ve tried dozens of times. Apple is likely going to have to replace many of these as nobody is having any joy bringing them back to life.

Oct 28, 2019 4:28 PM in response to Csucsu

Same thing happened to me. Called tech support this is a recognized problem with no software solution. The HomePod is bricked (I have a stereo pair). They are sending me boxes to ship both units and sending me replacements. You could probably just go to an Apple store and get your replacements quicker. https://appleinsider.com/articles/19/10/28/apples-ios-132-release-bricks-homepod-for-some-users

Oct 28, 2019 6:41 PM in response to Csucsu

It's a known and recurring bug with 13.2 Apple silently pulled this update and has not publicly acknowledged it to help other users avoid this problem. It occurs during an update or after performing a factory reset. Your speaker is bricked and not user recoverable. It has to go to Apple for repair because QA failed to catch this major bug. The sad part is that Apple didn't put forth any effort to release a statement for the other customers.

Kind of makes you proud with the brand recognition they've built, huh? /s

HomePod doesn’t boot

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.