Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes is gone, where is the 'view options' b

iTunes is gone. Where can I find the 'view options' possibility for a search in my library? I would like to see the search result in a list of details such as in iTunes.

Regards

Dirk

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 28, 2019 12:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 30, 2019 12:12 PM

Problem solved............

Bye bye OSX Catalina and i've been downgraded back to OSX Mojave, with the good old iTunes again, I love it.

No OSX Catalina anymore for me without a good working music application.

First time that Apple has disappoint me.

6 replies

Nov 3, 2019 6:23 AM in response to dirk297

Hello dirk297,

Thanks for asking the Apple Support Communities for help with Music.

While the Music app is the active window, you can click on View in the top menu bar (to the right of the Apple.) Then click View Options.

If using the app to search, there are two option to the top right of the Music app. Apple Music or Your Library.

For other changes, please check this article: What happened to iTunes? - Apple Support

For more info about the new Music app, please use this article: Listen to music and more in the Music app - Apple Support

Thanks and have a wonderful day.

Nov 5, 2019 12:43 PM in response to dirk297

Hello dirk297,

Thanks for the screenshot. While in the search, you can see the view options are grayed out.

I was able to find the view options available only when selected on the Songs under my Library. In your screenshot, it's The left side Bibliotheek > Nummers.

Once there, you will find your view options available to make your selections again.

Thanks and have a wonderful day.

Nov 6, 2019 2:00 AM in response to jeremy_v

edit: 'I was able to find the view options available only when selected on the Songs under my Library. In your screenshot, it's The left side Bibliotheek > Nummers.'

Once there I see my whole library; unfortunately you can't use the search option there.

If I use the search field I come back to the same screen as my screenshot in an earlier post.

If this can't solved I have to look to an other music manager to manage my large library.

regards.

iTunes is gone, where is the 'view options' b

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.