Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can see all of my photos on iCloud.com but they are not showing up in my iCloud drive on my mac

Why can't I see my iCloud photos (that are visible on icloud.com) in

my iCloud drive in my mac?

Posted on Oct 28, 2019 2:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 28, 2019 2:37 PM

iCloud Photos are in the Photos section of iCloud; that is different than iCloud Drive. Both are part of iCloud and your iCloud storage but they are different services (or sections or areas). On your Mac you can access iCloud Photos via an internet browser at iCloud.com. You can also access them in the Photos app on your Mac if you choose to turn on iCloud Photos on your Mac.

See: Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support

Also for more information on iCloud Drive, see: What is iCloud Drive? - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 28, 2019 2:37 PM in response to jono2017

iCloud Photos are in the Photos section of iCloud; that is different than iCloud Drive. Both are part of iCloud and your iCloud storage but they are different services (or sections or areas). On your Mac you can access iCloud Photos via an internet browser at iCloud.com. You can also access them in the Photos app on your Mac if you choose to turn on iCloud Photos on your Mac.

See: Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support

Also for more information on iCloud Drive, see: What is iCloud Drive? - Apple Support

Oct 28, 2019 8:37 PM in response to jono2017

You have not created a folder in iCloud Drive and moved photos from www.icloud.com in the folder , that's the reason they are not showing , the basic purpose if iCloud Drive is to sync the documents , files ....with iCloud .

Perhaps if you click on finder , in pictures folder double click on Photos Library.photoslibrary a pop up will appear click on open the photo application will open , you can view the pictures that are saved in the photo application .

I can see all of my photos on iCloud.com but they are not showing up in my iCloud drive on my mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.